The Poorvu Center for Teaching and Learning has licensed Gradescope for use in Canvas, and as a result, all Yale instructors have access to the Gradescope Institutional plan.
Institutional Plan Features include:
- Answer grouping: You can create groups of similar answers and grade all answers in the group simultaneously, for any question type.
- AI-assisted Grading: This will automatically generate groups of answers for you, which cuts grading time by 75% or more. This is currently available for multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank math, and fill-in-the-blank text answers.
- Typed text annotations: You can type comments in text-boxes, directly on students’ submissions.
- The ability to import rubrics from past courses on your account.
- Bubble sheet assignments: With bubble sheet assignments, you can define the correct answers for multiple choice exams using an answer key. Gradescope can then grade the students’ multiple choice responses automatically.
- Programming assignments: We support automated and manual evaluation of programming assignments, including real-time feedback and in-line commenting.
Get Started with Gradescope in Canvas
You can now link Canvas courses and assignments to Gradescope and sync your roster and grades. Learn more on how to leverage the Canvas integration by reading this help article.
If you aren’t yet using Gradescope, there are vendor provided workshops coming up. A workshop is a great way to get a quick walkthrough of the platform and learn how to get the most out of Gradescope.
If there’s anything we can help with, please email us, firstname.lastname@example.org.